In late 2014 we commenced the beginning of a vision for the future of Findon High School. Engaging specialist consultants and forming a Committee to develop ideas and directions as part of the Findon High School Master Plan.
This involved looking at the existing school facilities and considering the future teaching and direction for our school. Over the last 6 months this has developed into a number of projects that stretch across the entire school as a starting point for our thinking to refresh and revitalise the current facilities and to assist in providing spaces that are in tune with our future teaching pedagogies.
Some of the projects we are looking at include:
- New entry and face lift to the front of the school incorporating new structures to provide new teaching and study spaces.
- Upgrade to the Gymnasium
- Reconfiguration of the Front Car Park to Drummond Ave providing a New Front Entry / Garden and vehicle entries into the School
- Redeveloping the front tennis courts to upgrade the courts for sporting use and incorporate a New Community Garden
- Expansion of the Disability Unit
- New Cafeteria and outdoor teaching kitchen
- Upgrades to our existing classroom spaces to open up and provide fully flexible teaching environments to suit 21st Century Learning
- Refurbishments to Art, Science, Home Economics and Technical Studies.
- Relocation of the Resource Centre to the centre of the school here in the Seminar room, and to expand into the classrooms on this floor in order to combine with the new Student study and Teacher preparation areas.
- Upgrades to the existing student and staff toilet facilities, Reception /Administration areas, Student Services, Dance Studio and Presentation Suite
- Creation of a new Research Suite within the old Photography lab which will provide a new and exciting learning environment for group and specialist project teaching.
- Relocation and refurbishment of the Music department into the existing Resource Centre to create a new dynamic music teaching and performing space.
- Creation of a Year 12 Centre to be located at the rear of the staff room.
- Upgrade to our existing outdoor spaces between the buildings to enable the creation of new outdoor teaching classrooms.
We are also looking at potential selling of land opportunities for development around the school and potential Pilot programs for student and community involvement.
The next step is to meet with the State Government to present and discuss ideas on how we achieve our vision.
This will also involve you with your support and combined passion to ensure our kids get the best education we can provide.